GEORGE D. ANDREWS Engineering
Scholarship Award Entry Guidelines
The purpose of the GEORGE D. ANDREWS ENGINEERING Scholarship Awards is to provide college scholarship awards to students who have shown a career interest in the sciences or engineering.
One undergraduate scholarship award is available in the amount of $3,000. All scholarship awards will be paid directly to the recipients.
- Applicants must be incoming freshmen accepted to a four-year accredited college or university
- Applicants must be majoring in a field of engineering or sciences
- Applicants must be US citizens
The GEORGE D. ANDREWS ENGINEERING Scholarship Award is awarded without regard to race, sex, religion, age, national origin or sexual orientation. S+S Industries will not award scholarships to applicants who are not qualified and reserves the right not to award a scholarship in a given year.
- Demonstrated or expressed interest in engineering research, engineering education, or the sciences
- Student essay
- Letters of recommendation
- Academic standing (minimum required high school GPA of 3.25)
To be considered for a GEORGE D. ANDREWS ENGINEERING Scholarship Award, applicants must complete an application and return it to S+S Industries by July 15, 2020.
The application must include:
- A completed application form. Only completed application forms will be considered
- Two letters of recommendation with at least one former teacher or high school official
- An official high school transcript including GPA
- A one page (< 500 words) statement stating the applicant’s qualifications and educational and career goals.
All five of the above items must be submitted before the application will be considered.